Home Destination » Venue/Accommodation
Venue for the scientific programme
- Accommodation and course venue is the Anargyrios and Korgialenios School at the island of Spetses in very nice surroundings at the beach of a beautiful island. Event participants will stay at the school, where the scientific program will take place also. Accommodation will be arranged by the Course Organizers.
The accommodation has undergone full renovation, and provides single and double rooms, with air conditioning, and a bathroom with toilet and shower per one or two rooms.
- The Anargyrios and Korgialenios School also has a leisure room for guests, which includes board games, ping-pong tables, satellite TV and piano, for those seeking creative activities during their leisure hours, while relaxing and developing social contacts. In addition, in Building C of the complex there is a library, which contains a great collection of approximately 5,000 old books.
- There is no need to bring formal clothing. The temperature in August varies normally between 25 - 38 degrees Celsius during the day. Humidity is low, so summer clothes are welcome. In case the evenings are cool, and since conference rooms have air-conditioning, sweaters are also needed.
- Don’t forget your swimsuit, beach towel and eventually your snorkel mask. Bring foot protection for swimming: The sea contains sea urchins and sharp stones. Every year we have some "casualties" so be sure you are not the person.
- Bring anti-mosquito spray, sun cream, etc. Just in case you need it.
- Please bring your proof of studentship, this might be required for excursions.
- Wifi / internet is available at the school.
- Read more about Spetses here.
- Applications Opening
1 Feb 2018
- YTG Applications Closing
1 June 2018
- Applications closing
15 June 2018